Since its inception in 1982, Precision Optics has been a leader in the design and development of optical components and products for the medical industry and for advanced industrial and military applications. Our expertise includes design, development, and manufacturing of optical and mechanical-optical components, sub-assemblies and systems including lenses, prisms, thin film coatings, optical assemblies, sinuscopes, arthroscopes, laparoscopes, stereo-endoscopes, beamsplitters, endocouplers, camera adapters and fiber optic assemblies.
Our location in central Massachusetts allows for access to the broad talent pool and intellectual capital of the Boston Metro area while still maintaining the cost efficiencies of a more rural community. With up to 100,000 square feet of accessible space, our facilities have the capacity for your needs large or small.
Precision Optics accomplishments and achievements include:
- 30 years experience in design, development, and production of state of the art optical components and systems
- Developed Cidex™ soakable endocoupler in 1983
- Developed first commercially available stereoendoscope
- Patented superior durability and easy to repair sinuscopes and arthroscopes
- Design and manufacture of micro lenses and prisms to 0.2 mm
- Design, prototyping, and manufacturing under one roof
- First use of MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) for quality control of lens production
- Rapid design and prototyping
- Recipient of US Government Small Business of the Year Award
- Visualization systems created for spine, neuro, cardiac, thoracic, orthopedic, ENT and ophthalmic specialties
- FDA registered and FDA QSR compliant. ISO 9001:2008, 13485:2003 registered. Products are approved for CE marking.
Our staff of highly trained and qualified engineers and scientists stands ready to assist you.
* Cidex trademark of Advanced Sterilization Products